SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

I have a document with 7 questions. Would you be able to

Customer Question

Hi I have a document with 7 questions. Would you be able to complete this? Looks like you have already answered the questions but I can't see the answers.
Example below:
Even though independent gasoline stations have been having a difficult time, Susan Solomon has been thinking about starting her own independent gas station. Susan’s problem is to decide how large her station should be. The annual returns will depend on both the size of the station and a number of marketing factors related to oil industry and demand for gasoline. After careful analysis, Susan developed the following table:
Size of Gasoline Station Good Market ($) Fair Market ($) Poor Market ($)
Small $70,000 $30,000 -$30,000
Medium $110,000 $50,000 -$40,000
Large $170,000 $70,000 -$50,000
1. Develop a decision table for this decision.
2. What is the Maximax decision?
3. What is the Maximin decision?
4. What is the criterion of realism decision? Use α = 0.6.
5. Develop an Opportunity Loss Table
6. What is the Minimax Regret Decision?
2. Data collected on the yearly demand for 50-pound bags of fertilizer at Sunshine Garden Supply are shown in the following table.
Year Demand for Fertilizer (1,000s of Bags)
1 4
2 7
3 5
4 5
5 10
6 7
7 8
8 9
9 11
10 14
11 15
Use Excel QM to:
1. Develop a three-year moving average to forecast sales in year 12.
2. Develop a 3-year weighted average to predict demand in year 12, in which sales in the most recent year is given a weight of 2 and sales in the two years prior to that are each given a weight of 1.
3. Develop a regression/trend line to estimate the demand for fertilizer in year 12.
4. Based on the three forecasts you have created, which forecast is the most accurate?
3. Kaplan College has decided to "wire" its campus. The first stage in this effort is to install the "backbone," i.e., to connect all the buildings. The table below gives the distances between the various buildings on campus in hundreds of feet.
Distances in Hundreds of Feet
From To
Building 1 Building 2 Building 3 Building 4 Building 5 Building 6
Building 1 3 7 5 5 4
Building 2 5 2 6 6
Building 3 5 4 4
Building 4 5 3
Building 5 4
Building 6
1. How should the buildings be connected to minimize the total length of cable?
2. What length of cable is required?
4. The following represents the distances in miles from a warehouse (node 1) to various cities in Montana. The major outlet store is located at node 7.
From Node To Node Distance
1 2 40
1 4 100
2 3 20
2 4 30
3 4 60
3 5 40
3 6 20
4 5 70
4 7 50
5 6 50
5 7 80
6 7 40
1. Find the shortest route and distance from Node 1 to Node 7.
5. The network of a city sewer system and their capacities are shown below. Remember that the arc has both capacity and reverse capacity. For example, row 1 is the flow from node 1 to node 2 and row 2 is the reverse flow from node 2 to node 1. There are eight branches in this network.
From Node To Node Fluid Flow
1 2 150
2 1 100
1 3 0
3 1 150
1 4 300
4 1 300
1 5 150
5 1 100
2 4 300
4 2 200
3 4 250
4 3 300
3 5 300
5 3 250
4 5 100
5 4 0
Determine the maximum flow (in hundreds of gallons of water per minute) from node 1 to node 5
6. The governor of Michigan believes that the state can improve the state’s crime rate if the state can reduce the college debt carried by its citizens and if they can increase the percent of the population covered by health insurance.
1. Using the States Data Set and PHStat, create the multiple regression prediction equation.
2. Predict the crime rate for Michigan if the college debt were $25,000 and the percent not covered by insurance was 10?
7. A concessionaire for the local ballpark has developed a table of conditional values for the various alternatives (stocking decisions) and states of nature (size of crowd).
Stocking Decision Large Crowd ($) Average Crowd ($) Small Crowd ($)
Large Inventory $22,000 $12,000 -$2,000
Average Inventory $15,000 $12,000 $6,000
Small Inventory $9,000 $6,000 $5,000
If the probabilities associated with the states of nature are 0.30 for a large crowd, 0.50 for an average crowd, and 0.20 for a small crowd, determine:
1. The alternative that provides the greatest expected monetary value (EMV).
2. The expected value of perfect information (EVPI).
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for using this site.

Can you send or attach the actual file (word file or excel file) of the questions? Also there is a question that requires PHstat, can I use instead excel to answer that question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Mr. Glenn,
Attached please find the file with the questions as well as the excel file labeled states. You can use excel as long as it allows you to get the correct answer. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thank you

How many days from now do you need the answers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need it by Thursday January 7th at 11:59 PM EST. Is this possible?

I am sorry, I can not finish this tomorrow. Maybe I will just opt out, so that other experts can immediately help you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Today is Jan 5th, it is 2 days to finish. Would you be able to finish by Friday Jan 8th 5 PM? That is the latest I can ask for it since I need to submit by 11 PM

will be back in 1hr or 2hrs (I have a class right now)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay. Thank you

welcome

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Mr. Glenn, I wanted to follow up with you to see if you are going to be the one working on the assignment or is someone else?
Thank you

Is there any possibility of a time extension?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What time zone do you live in? How much more time?

Right now, it is 5:28 am here in my place

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, here where I am it's Wednesday January 6, 8:39 pm. So Friday at 8pm would be 2 days. Is that not enough?

One more question, is it ok if I only use excel for that one question about PHstat?

(here it is)

2. Predict the crime rate for Michigan if the college debt were $25,000 and the percent not covered by insurance was 10?)

(

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's okay

Ah ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
does this mean you will do it and have it back by in 2 days?

By the way, as one of the strict rules of this site, we can not post our emails or any private information here, (also for our own protection). But there is one option I can send to you my email so that I can send the answer to your email, in order to prevent others from downloading or copying the answers if I will post them here. Do you want me to use that option?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
use the email.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My email is***@******.***

ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Glenn, look forward to hearing back from you.

wait

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you be able to send me a message here once the answers are sent?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm here

for a while

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What do you mean?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wait for a while?

ok