Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I have a market event that I want to determine the

Customer Question

I have a market event that I want to determine the probability of occurring at a specific time. I don't need a lot of precision, but I do need a way to record the data and display it in a format that is usable to me. I have an hour stock graph that is the event I'm wanting to display. On the daily graph, I can find the hour of the high and the hour of the low. I want to go back in time and record the highs hand lows for 90 days and then I want to graph those highs and lows in a usable format. What I want the final product to be is a graph showing where the clusters of highs and lows are and I want to know what the probability of the a high or low is occurring at a specific time. I'm assuming it's very consistent. I just want to see it's happening consistently at that time right now and ongoing. The only way I can think of doing it right now is two separate scatter graphs. I'm going to EXCEL for to plot.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm looking at a couple stocks that look like they makes a high or a low at a specific hour (at the open). The same stock makes a high or low at just about the same hour (at the close). So for example, one of these stock make a daily high or a daily low at 10 am as well as a daily low or high at 3pm. I don't know with the 10am is going to be a daily high or low and I don't need to.

I want to go back and gather those times from 3 to 6 months and graph the results to determine how reliable those time have been in the past, how reliable they are now, and to maintain the data going forward. So I'm either asking how to determine a probabity of these time holding up and I also want to know what kind of graph to use in excel to make this easy on myself.

I want to determine what the probability of the low and high at market open and close for a 1-hour chart. I need a way of graphing or determining if those high/low times hold up or if it's changing over time.