SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

Can you assist me with problems from the same book as well.

Customer Question

Can you assist me with problems from the same book as well. I have several assignments needed ASAP. I have a PDF of the book
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to take a look at the problems and help if I can. Please post them at your convenience.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not near a PC and this cannot attach via my cell phone can I email it to you. I also have a PDF of the book
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
That is possible. However, it requires the use of the "Additional Services" feature, and the site adds an additional charge for that. The smallest I can set it is $5, but it is the only way to provide an email address privately. Otherwise the site software filters them out. It wouldn't be a good idea to have it publicly available anyway.
Please let me know if you would like to pursue this, or if you would rather wait until you get back to your computer.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the Sullivan workbook, read Chapter 4: "Summarizing Continuous Variables in a Sample." Then complete practice problems 1–4 in Chapter 4 of the workbook. Submit the Excel files you create, with an interpretation of the results. Be sure to complete an interpretation of each problem. The interpretation should include a discussion of the findings with implications and references, as necessary. Things to consider for the summary include (but are not limited to) the following questions:
Are the data normally distributed?
Are there any outliers?
If there are outliers how should they be adjusted for (such as data entry error) or should they remain unadjusted?
Is the standard deviation close to the mean?
How much and how soon would you be able to complete?
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Without seeing the actual problems, I can't make any time estimate. I would just be guessing.
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I attach documents?
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
You can use the "paper clip" button on the toolbar, if it is present in your browser.
Or you can upload a file to a website such as mediafire.com and post the sharing link for the file in your reply.
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you work on this until I can figure out how to get you the book?

The second part of the practicum involves the selection of the appropriate statistical technique to do analysis.

Recall you have been hired as the chief operating officer of a multi-hospital health care system. The CEO has approached you in your new role and asked you to do an analysis of factors affecting the total costs of hospitals in your region based on the data provided to you in an Excel file.

For this assignment, you will select the appropriate statistical test that allows you to conduct an analysis of the factors affecting hospital costs. You will have to select the correct statistical test and conduct that test in Excel. Based on the output you produce in Excel, analyze your data and produce a 250-word (approximately) summary describing the major findings of your analysis. Your final analysis should include (minimally), the following:

• the variables that most affect hospital cost.

• an overview of the P and F values in your Excel tables.

• a discussion of the degrees of freedom and the sample size.

You should also discuss any significant relationships that present themselves in the Excel files produced from your statistical analysis. You are not limited by the information presented above. In fact, only discussing the aforementioned items will result in a score of "Basic" proficiency in the scoring rubric. However, the aforementioned items are the minimum areas you need to address in your narrative.

Submit both your statistical tables (output) and your summary. You should combine these items in one document so that you are sending your instructor one combined file rather than two individual files.

we conclude our practicum with a narrative assessment of recommendations and findings for the CEO. Your job is to write a 500-word (approximately) summary of your findings. Remember, your CEO is not very statistically savvy, so please do not include too much pedantic jargon in your memo. What do you tell the CEO about your analysis? What are your findings, and what are your recommendations after doing this analysis? Consider the following points as you prepare your memo:

• The manner in which you format your memo is up to you. A simple memo with the date, subject, and lines with "to" and "from" will suffice. The "To" line is the name of your course instructor and the "From" line is your own name. Include your findings in the body of the memo.

• You should include in your memo the number of hospitals reviewed, what factors were considered in the model, and what factors contribute most to hospital costs.

• Make an argument for the creditability or legitimacy of the model without getting too technical; however, do not make your memo seem like you are offering an opinion. Write your memo dispassionately, and let the data speak for itself; however, include any other pertinent information you think the CEO wants to see.

• Include an annex to your memo. Here I want to see all your Excel output as a separate attachment (essentially this is all your work from weeks 8 and 9). Please include all your material in one document uploaded into the assignment area.

• Your final grade will be based on the professionalism and clarity of your memo, as well as the level of your analysis. Be sure to review the grading rubric for the specific grading criteria.

Attachment: 2015-06-19_202250_cf_practicum_datasets.xls

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to opt out of this. This is more of a writing assignment than is it a math problem, and written papers are not my strong suit.

Once I opt out, your question will be put back on the open questions list, so you don't need to do anything else at this point. If there is an expert who is prepared to handle this (and, preferably, also has a copy of the same textbook), they will contact you.

Good luck with this. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help on this one.

Regretfully,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So in other words assignments that are more excel based are what you can do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Complete practice problems 1 and 4 in Chapter 9: "Regression Analysis," of the Sullivan workbook. Submit the Excel files you create and a summary (roughly 200 words), responding to the questions posed in the problem. Complete an interpretation of each problem. This interpretation should include a discussion of the findings with implications and references, as necessary.

Attachment: 2015-06-19_203156_95313_akxx_ch09.docx