Mr. Glenn
Mr. Glenn, Math and Stat Expert
Experience:  Math Professor for at least 15 yrs
79514296

Customer Question 1. Assume you have a data set from a

Customer Question

Customer Question 1. Assume you have a data set from a normally distributed random variable. Answer the following questions about it. a.Will the random variable be discrete, continuous, or neither? How do you know? b. Will the data be qualitative or quantitative?
How do you know? 3. A university has been tracking the percentage of alumni giving to its annual fund each year for the past 10 years. The data is given here. 14%, 13%, 15%, 21%, 19%, 24%, 25%, 28%, 25%. 31% Answer the following questions about this data.
a.what are its mean and median? b.What is the procedure for using mean and median to determine whether the data is skewed, and if so, in what direction? 5. In the diagram below, events A, B and C are shown with numbers in various regions of the graph indicating
how many sample points lie in each. For example, the number 3 in the top left of the diagram indicates that there are 3 sample points in B that are not also in either A or C. A= 9, 0, 10,12 B= 3, 1, 10, 12 C= 5, 1, 0, 10 Out of all A, B and C= 15 a. Are the
events A and B independent? b. Are the events for the intersection of A and Bc, intersection of C and Bc mutually exclusive? 7. The mean time for a racecar driver’s crew to perform a pit stop is 13.2 seconds, with a standard deviation of 0.9 seconds. To maintain
his current lead, the driver needs a pit stop in 12.5 seconds or less. Assuming this random variable is normally distributed, what is the probability of the driver getting the pit stop in a short enough time to maintain is lead? 9. A random sample from the
population of registered voters in California is to be taken and then surveyed about an upcoming election. What sample size should be used to guarantee a sampling error of 3% or less when estimating p at the 95%confidence level? 10. a. Explain the two conditions
required for a valid large-sample test of hypothesis for a mean. B. Explain the two different possible outcomes of a test of hypothesis.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
Can I help you?
What time or how many hours/minutes do you need the answers?
I am now working on these.
Please reply
Regards,
Mr. Glenn G.
***
You can request me in future by writing "For Mr. Glenn G. only".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Glen, anywhere from 24-48 hours works for me.
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
ah ok,
Thanks for your reply
Will finish this in no time.
Thanks again.
Also kindly check after 2 or 3 hrs maybe there are some clarifications on some questions.
Regards
Mr. Glenn
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
all questions are fully answered now except question 5, since there is a missing diagram. you need to send me the diagram, you can take a print screen shot of the diagram and paste in in word and you can send the word file to me as an attachment,
also another clarification for question 9, is there any given value for p?
please reply asap
Regards
Mr. Trigeoscal (aka Mr. Glenn)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the diagram is attached, 9. A random sample from the population of registered voters in California is to be taken and then surveyed about an upcoming election. What sample size should be used to guarantee a sampling error of 3% or less when estimating p at the 95% confidence level. (This is the entire Question)
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rbranner14Attached here with is the complete answers in a word file, please download it.***************************************************************If you are satisfied and happy with the answer, please choose a high rating. If you need more information, clarifications, or are not satisfied yet, choose 'Continue the conversation'. Bonuses are very much appreciated. Thanks!************************************************You can request me in future by writing "For Mr. Glenn G. or Trigeoscal only".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, question 10 was incomplete the correct question i need is: An elementary school teacher learned that 40% of school children have at least 3 cavities. The teacher has 30 students in his class. How many students would he expect in his class to have at 3 cavities? What is the standard deviation ? Using the appropriate approximation, determine p(x>20); that is the probability that more than 20 students in his class will have 3 cavities.
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rbranner14Attached here with is the complete answers in a word file, please download it. (including the additional question for Q10) ***************************************************************If you are satisfied and happy with the answer, please choose a high rating. If you need more information, clarifications, or are not satisfied yet, choose 'Continue the conversation'. Bonuses are very much appreciated. Thanks!************************************************You can request me in future by writing "For Mr. Glenn G. or Trigeoscal only". Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/expert/qa.aspx?src=pql&sso=1&T=15362133&rpt=1020#ixzz3dA5COF3e