SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

I have few questions to get answers

Customer Question

I have few questions to get answers on linear and exponential function. Here is one example: 1. There are two functions 1 and 2. Function 1 exponential is y=1.01 to the power of x, whereas the Function 2 is linear and y=1.01x. The x is 1000. Find the values
of each function. 2. An exponential function will always outgrow a linear function given enough time. Determine the value of x at which exponential function from the above question achieves a higher value than the linear function. Describe the method you used
and show the 2 functions on a simple graph. And, I have one last question which I will ask later. Thanks. Victor
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with these problems.
For the second one, has your course covered methods of approximation?
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Basic linear and exponential calculator responses is fine. Since these are two simple questions, can you please reduce the price tag?Thanks.
Victor
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
The second problem cannot be solved analytically, as there is no way to decouple the exponential and linear aspects of the two functions and isolate x as a variable. An approximation method needs to be used to find a solution. The alternative to that would be plain old trial and error.
What type of math class are these problems for?
Regarding the price, I don't have any ability to make any change to the price. I would recommend that you contact a Customer Service representative to discuss the options. There should be a link on the page that you can use to contact them, or you can call them at(###) ###-####
Please let me know if you would like me to proceed with these.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I solved the problems. Please send this for refund as soon as possible besides sending a confirmation. Thanks.Victor
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I'll send a report in to Customer Service.
Ryan