Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

4. The following data reports annual wages (Y) for

Customer Question

*For Ryan* 4. The following data reports annual wages (Y) for a sample of 100 workers. Also included are explanatory variables relating to years of experience of the workers (X1), age of the workers (X2), years of education (X3) and whether or not the worker is a union member (X4, 0 = non union member, 1 = union member) *will attach*
Your analysis should include scatterplots and evaluations, simple regressions and evaluations that should include hypothesis tests on the slope coefficients, interpretations of the Rsquare, multiple regression analysis and hypothesis tests on the slope coefficients, Global F-Test, drop insignificant variables, re-estimated equations and re-evaluation until you find the best regression equation to predict annual wages (Y). Use a .05 significance level for hypothesis tests related to individual coefficients (t-tests) and Global F-Tests.
5. Oklahoma Land & Agronomics, Inc., is interested in increasing crop production
and has installed a center-pivot, mobile sprinkling system to water an alfalfa crop. Oklahoma has collected data for the weekly growth of alfalfa Y (in inches) and for
the water flow setting X1 on the mobile sprinkling system (higher settings apply greater
amounts of water). Other conditions are held constant.
Water Flow
Growth Setting
(Y) (X1)
1.6 0.0
2.9 0.3
3.7 0.6
3.2 0.9
3.5 1.3
4.2 1.6
5.3 1.9
5.5 2.2
6.2 2.5
6.3 2.8
6.2 3.2
6.3 3.5
6.5 3.8
7.1 4.1
7.6 4.4
6.7 4.7
6.9 5.1
6.4 5.4
6.7 5.7
6.5 6.0
(a) Construct a scattergram between growth (Y) and water flow setting (x).
Does there appear to be a curvilinear relationship? Evaluate the scatterplot.
(b) Estimate a simple linear regression equation that could be used to predict growth.
Evaluate the estimated regression equation conducting all necessary statistical tests (.05 level).
(c) Create a second explanatory variable (X2) to reflect the quardratic (non-linear) shape to the scatterplot.
(d) Estimate a curvilinear multiple regression equation by including both the X1 and X2 explanatory variables in the model. Evaluate the estimated regression equation conducting all necessary statistical tests (.05 level).
(e) Which estimated regression equation provides a better fit to the data? Justify your answer.
(f) Calculate the amount of water flow setting that will maximize growth.
(g) What will grwoth equal at the maximizing point calculated in part f?
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the new request.
As with your other question, please attach the data at your convenience, and please let me know if there is a specific deadline.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/kp209u1bc90dkbn/Q4Data.xlsx

In about 6 hours. Thank you so much.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I'll get these posted for you as quickly as I can.

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ryan, I have to turn in my assignment. I apologize.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just about done with the last part of #5.

I'm sorry. This was much more involved than I anticipated.

Ryan
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Here is it:

Regression4

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It's ok. Thank you for working on it. I think I got most of the last two done. Would you like to settle for partial payment or how would this work?

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that I couldn't get it done in time.

The site doesn't make it easy to do anything like that, so it's probably best to just let this one go.

You will probably still receive "reminders" about rating this answer, which you can ignore. Also, even though they may be written to appear as though they are coming from me, they are actually generated by the computer system. I don't have any control over them, and I certainly wouldn't be pestering you about rating an answer which hadn't met your needs.

Ryan