SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

Assignment, you will have to review each column and

Customer Question

Attachment: 2015-05-11_051327_cf_missing_data_dataset.xls

For this assignment, you will have to review each column and make a decision for how to adjust for the missing data. After you correct for missing data in each column, please describe, defend, and explain your decision rule in about 125 words. As part of this process you should have unadjusted and adjusted results. The unadjusted results will be an analysis (that is, mean, SD, histogram, and so forth) of the data in its original format. You will decide on which method is best to adjust to the missing data and compute the adjusted statistics. You will then compare the unadjusted results to the adjusted. You have been given an Excel file with 5 variables to analyze and thus make decisions for the missing data. The columns could be treated as related or unrelated depending on your approach to the dataset, so consider this when making your decision on how to handle the missing data and discuss this in your interpretation of the findings.

Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and you did not answer it previously
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. When can you send the answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Never answers questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  judybailey61 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your incredible patience in waiting for an expert to assist you.

I'll be happy to help. If I understand this, you need to do an analysis of the data with the missing data and then again after deciding how to adjust the analysis for the missing data.

Does this mean that you are to decide on using the mean (or the SD or a histogram or whatever) because it makes the most sense?

Just asking ... are there any further instructions or examples that might be of assistance. You want to decide on which analysis tool would be the most appropriate for each column considering the missing data and write a defense for that choice.

Judy