Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering

can I upload a doc with 8 statistic questions "they have a

can I upload a doc with 8 statistic questions "they have a 120 min time limit"
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi John,

Thank you for the new request.

I'll certainly do my best with them. I see that the set of problems you posted earlier didn't go very well. These computer-graded questions are so picky that it's extremely difficult to give a perfectly correct answer if the whole problem is not provided. Often these problems will specify a particular form of an answer, and without that information we can't format an answer appropriately. With that said, I'll do what I can.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you I appreciate it,

Attachment: 2013-11-01_010018_wk5.docx

Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi John,

I have the file downloaded. I'll get started on these immediately.

Given the additional parts, and the time limit, I'm going to start sending you the solutions in small batches, just as soon as I have a few of them done. That way you can be entering them so that you can gain access to the additional parts.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok thx

Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi John,

Here are the first two:

2.
a. Test statistic: 3
b. Standardized test statistic: 11.0282 (round off as instructed)
c. Standardized test statistic IS in the rejection region
d. Reject the null hypothesis

3.
a. Claim is the alternative hypothesis
H0: µ1 = µ2
Ha: µ1 ≠ µ2

b. Critical values: -1.645, 1.645 (your course may prefer the values -1.65 and 1.65)

c. -3.76

d. Reject the null hypothesis

e. At the 10% significance level, there is sufficient evidence to support the claim that the mean breaking distance for Type A tires is different from Type B tires.

More to come...

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan, Engineer
Experience: B.S. in Civil Engineering
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Perfect!!!! :)

Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi John,

Here are the next two:

4
a. Claim is the alternative hypothesis.
H0: µ1 ≤ µ2 (Note: Your course may prefer H0 to be written as µ1 = µ2, even for a one-tailed test.)
Ha: µ1 > µ2

b. Critical value: 1.96

c. z = 1.1647 (round off as instructed)

d. Fail to reject the null hypothesis.

e. At the 2.5% significance level, there is insufficient evidence to support the claim that children spend more time watching television in 1981 than children do today.

5.
a. -0.691, 0.691

b. -0.718, 0.718

More to come...

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Perfect again!!!

Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi John,

Here are the next two:

6.
a. A. The mean annual income in country A is greater than in country B.
The null hypothesis, H0, is µ1 ≤ µ2. The alternative hypothesis, Ha, is µ1 > µ2.
Note: Same issue with the null hypothesis. They might want it as µ1 = µ2.
The claim is the alternative hypothesis, Ha.

b. Critical value: 2.998
Critical region: t > 2.998

c. t = 0.6791

d. Fail the reject the null hypothesis

e. At the 1% significance level, there is insufficient evidence to support the personnel director's claim.

7. Not included in problem set

8.
a. The claim is "The students' critical reading test scores improved the second time they took the test."

H0: µd ≥ 0

Ha: µd < 0

b. t0 = -2.624
Rejection region: t < -2.624

c. d-bar = -39.4186
sd = 52.7326

d. t = -2.7977

e. Reject the null hypothesis

f. At the 1% level of significance, there is sufficient evidence to support the claim that the reading scores improved the second time the students took the test.

More to come...

Thanks,

Ryan
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi John,

Here are the last two:

9.
Test is left-tailed

Fail to reject H0. There is insufficient evidence to reject the claim in support of p1 < p2

10.
a. The claim is "the proportion of adults using alternative medicines has not changed since the first study."

H0: p1 = p2
Ha: p1 ≠ p2
(The combination at the top left of the arrangement.)

b. Critical values: -1.645, 1.645

c. z = -6.0332

d. Reject H0

e. First choice: "% significance level, there is sufficient evidence to reject the claim.

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience: B.S. in Civil Engineering