Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Pharmacies continually monitor their prescription filling process.

Pharmacies continually monitor their prescription filling process. A local pharmacy has noted that the time to fill a prescription for a generic antibiotic is normally distributed with a mean of 9.3 minutes and a standard deviation of 1.8 minutes.

a. Find the probability that a prescription for a generic antibiotic takes less than 10 minutes to fill.
b. Find the probability that a prescription for a generic antibiotic takes between 7 and 9 minutes to fill.
c. The slowest 10% of prescription fills result in a special discount to the customer. How long must a prescription fill for a generic antibiotic take in order to qualify for this discount? (Points : 18)

Welcome! Thank you for your question.

I'll be happy to help you with this. I'll get started on this immediately and will have the solution posted for you soon.

Thanks,

Ryan
Hi again,

Here are the solutions:

Probabilties

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan