Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

How long would it take to get questions back for 10-12 statistics

How long would it take to get questions back for 10-12 statistics problems? I only have a 5 hr window once I open up the quiz.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, and thank you for requesting me.

It depends on how involved the problems are, and whether they are multiple choice or need to have work shown.

I don't want to promise anything, since I have no idea about what kind of program you are in, but 5 hours for 12 problems sounds like plenty of time.

Before you start the timer though, are you familiar with taking screenshots and uploading them to a site like mediafire.com? That will make things a lot easier as it eliminates a lot of typing, and the potential for mistakes or miscommunication.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is multiple choice and some fillin the answer. No work has to be shown. Yes I know how to do screen shots but I am not familiar with mediafire
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sounds promising.

As far as using mediafire, it's pretty easy to use. We can try a test with a screenshot of a blank document or your desktop if you have concerns about it. Also, it doesn't have to be mediafire. If you have used some other site like wikisend.com or sendspace.com and are more familiar with those, that's fine too.

Can you access all of the questions at once, or would you need to send them one at a time?

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access them all at once but they're not on the same page. There are clickable options
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so you could go through and take screenshots of each problem and put them all into one file. That will make things a lot easier.

If you don't have a preference, maybe using wikisend would be easier, since you don't have to sign up for an account (even though it's free).

Here is how to do it:

Go to http://www.wikisend.com

Click on the button that says "Choose File".

Navigate through the folders on your computer to find the file of screenshots.

Select the file.

Click Choose

Then click "Upload File"

Once your file is uploaded, the site will assign a sharing link for you file. Just copy that link and paste it into your reply here. That will allow me to access and download your file.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this procedure.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I am on my way to the library to do it. I have satellite Internet and its so slow uploading. So give me about 30-45 minutes. Thank you
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lorel,

Ok, sounds good. I'll be here. (No need to rush on my account.)

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it took so long. I am about to open it now, and upload the files.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I'm ready when you are.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry Ryan. Every time I download it. it uploads but then the screen becomes blank.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm, which site are you trying to upload the file to?

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wikisend. I am on send space now trying to see if it will work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/plyt4t

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Success! I have the file downloaded. I'll get started on these immediately.

How much time do you have left?

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

:) Probably down to 4 hours now. I apologize I will give you a 20$ tip. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you can read them all. on the ones that were kind of small I retyped them. and some of them have more than one answer for the question that is why it is multiply shots of the same question.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm working on them now. I'll let you know if I have a problem with any of them.

I'll post the solutions as soon as possible.

Do you want all the solutions at one time, or would it be helpful if I sent the first five or so as soon as they are done so that you can start entering them?

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending them as you go would be perfect. Thank you.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'll send the first 5 as a set. I'm in the middle of #3 now, so it shouldn't be long.

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Here are the solutions for the first five:

1. 0.4283

2a. Ho: uniform
Ha: non uniform
Claim: Ho

2b. Xo² = 1.064
D. X² ≥ Xo²

2c. X² = 2.565

2d. Do not reject Ho. At the 10% significance level there is not enough evidence to reject the claim that the distribution of fatal bicycle accidents through the week is uniform.

3. y = 5.675x + 33.750
Graph C

3a. B. 50.8

3b. A. 59.3

3c. D. not meaningful

3d. B. 42.3

4. μ = 32.0

σ² = 19.2

σ = 4.4

5a. Graph D

5b. r = -0.831

5c. C. Strong negative linear correlation

I'll post the next five as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay got it. thank you

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Here are most of the next five solutions.

Note that problem #7 is not included in the file that you posted. Please feel free to upload a screenshot for that problem and post a link in your reply.

6. B. Fail to reject the null hypothesis. There is not enough evidence to reject the claim.

7. Problem is missing from the file of screenshots

8. A. Row 1: 49
Row 2: 414
Row 3: 247, 216, 463

8b. Row 1: 26.14, 22.86
Row 2: 220.86, 193.14

9. Book 1 range: 4
Book 2 range: 9

Book 1 variance: 1.6
Book 1 standard deviation: 1.3

Book 2 variance: 8.5
Book 2 standard deviation: 2.9

Yes, there is a difference in variance

10. Left-tailed.
Fail to reject Ho.

I'll post the last as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2oct7a

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Great. I have the additional file downloaded.

Here are the remainder of the solutions:

7a. A. There is enough evidence to reject the claim that the new price of a small SUV is at least $26,498.

7b. B. There is not enough evidence to reject the claim that he new price of a small SUV is at least $26,498

11. Margin of error: 0.5
Mean: 4.6

12a. A. Model A's repair costs are lower than Model B.

B. Ho: µ1 ≥ µ2
Ha: µ1 < µ2

12b. Critical value: -2.33
Rejection region: D. z < -2.33

12c. z = -1.91

12d. D. Fail to reject Ho. The standardized test statistic is not in the rejection region.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m0xsjo

I apologize there was an E section to question 12. here it is. Thank you.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Here is the answer for that:

At the 1% significance level, there is insufficient/not enough evidence to support the claim that the repair costs for Model A are lower than for Model B.

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience: B.S. in Civil Engineering