Math-John
Math-John, PhD in Statistics
Experience:  MS and BS in Math
62644613

13.The difference between two numbers is 25.

13. The difference between two numbers is 25. The smaller number is XXXXX of the larger number. What is the value of the smaller number? 11 3 5 9 10 14. A radio station's signal has a radius of 100 miles. If you drive at a constant speed of 40 miles an hour, nonstop, directly across the diameter of the signal, how long can you listen to the station before the signal fades? 4 hours 2.5 hours 2 hours 5 hours 15. If a man runs for an hour and a half at 8 miles an hour due south; and then he continues south on a bus traveling at 55 miles an hour, for 24 minutes. How far did he travel? 37 miles 34 miles 30.2 miles 35 miles 36 miles 16. George saves 18% of his total gross weekly earnings from his 2 part-time jobs. He earns $6.25 per hour from one part-time job and $7.50 per hour from the other part-time job. George works a total of 40 hours between the two jobs each week. What additional information is needed to determine the amount of his earnings he saves each week? The number of days he works at each job The number of hours he works at each job The number of hours he works each day The number of hours he works each week No further information is needed 17. Mary buys 8 widgets for $40.00. She adds $1.00 in enhancements to each widget and sells them for $9.00 each. What is Mary's estimated gross profit margin? 25% 33% 44% 50% 67%

Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Math-John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Below are the answers. Please let me know if you need explanation to any questions.

13. The
difference between two numbers is 25. The smaller number is XXXXX of the larger
number. What is the value of the smaller number?

11

3

5

9

10

14. A radio station's signal has a radius of 100 miles. If you drive at a
constant speed of 40 miles an hour, nonstop, directly across the diameter of
the signal, how long can you listen to the station before the signal fades?

4 hours

2.5 hours

2 hours

5 hours

15. If a man runs for an hour and a half at 8 miles an hour due south; and then
he continues south on a bus traveling at 55 miles an hour, for 24 minutes. How
far did he travel?

37 miles

34 miles

30.2 miles

35 miles

36 miles

16. George saves 18% of his total gross weekly earnings from his 2 part-time
jobs. He earns $6.25 per hour from one part-time job and $7.50 per hour from
the other part-time job. George works a total of 40 hours between the two jobs
each week. What additional information is needed to determine the amount of his
earnings he saves each week?

The number of days he works at each job

The number of hours he works at each job

The number of hours he works each day

The number of hours he works each week

No further information is needed

17. Mary buys 8 widgets for $40.00. She adds $1.00 in enhancements to each
widget and sells them for $9.00 each. What is Mary's estimated gross profit
margin?

25%

33%

44%

50%

67%

Math-John, PhD in Statistics
Experience: MS and BS in Math