Trigeoscal
Trigeoscal, Master's Degree
Experience:  Math Homework, Pre Calculus and Calculus and Above
68756221

1) Question 1 (Q3)- a random sample of n=100 observations is

Customer Question

1) Question 1 (Q3)- a random sample of n=100 observations is selected from a population with µ=30 and o=23. Approximate the probabilities shown below.
a. P(x̄ ≥28
b. P(22.1≤ x̄ ≤ 26.8)
c. P(x̄≤ 28.2)
d. P(x̄≥ 27.0)
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 2 years ago.

Correct me if I am wrong.

That is a mean of 30 and a standard deviation of 23?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a. P(x̄ ≥28
b. P(22.1≤ x̄ ≤ 26.8)
c. P(x̄≤ 28.2)
d. P(x̄≥ 27.0)

2) Question 2 ( Q4)- The average salary from certain profession is $82,000. Assume that the standard deviation of such salaries is $32,000. Consider a random sample of 58 people in the profession and let x represent the mean salary for the sample.
E. find P (x̄ > 72,500 =

3) Question 3 (Q5)- A random sample of 91 Observation produced a mean x̄ = 25.4 and a standard deviations s=2.4.
a. Find a 95% confidence interval for µ (use intervals or decimals for any numbers in the expression. Round to two decimals places as needed.)
b. Find a 90% confidence interval for µ (use intervals or decimals for any numbers in the expression. Round to two decimals places as needed.)
c. Find a 99% confidence interval for µ (use intervals or decimals for any numbers in the expression. Round to two decimals places as needed.)

4) Question 4 (Q6)- The mean and the standard deviation of a random sample of n measurements are equal to 33.4 and 3.9, respectively.
a. Find a 95% confidence interval for µ if n= 144
b. Find a 95% confidence interval for µ if n= 576
c. Find the widths of the confidence intervals found in parts a and b. What is the effect on the width of a confidence interval of quadrupling the sample size while holding the confidence coefficient fixed?

5) Question 5 (Q8)- A newspaper reported that 8% of people say that some coffee shops are overprices. The source of this information was a telephone survey of 500 adults.
d. Find and interpret a 90% confidence interval for the parameter of the interest
( , ).

6) Question6 (Q9)- Researchers conducted a study of variety in exercise workouts. A sample of 120 men and women were randomly divided into three groups, with 40 people per group. Group 1 members varied their exercise routine in workouts, group 2 members performed the same exercise are each workout, and group 3 members had no set schedule or regulation for their work outs.
a. By the end of the study, 18 people had dropped out of the first exercise group. Estimate the dropout rate for exercisers who vary their routine in workouts?
b. By the end of the study, 25 people had dropped out of the third exercise group. Estimate the dropout rate for exercisers who have no set schedule for their workouts. Use a 90% confidence interval and interpret the result.

7) Question 7 ( Q10) –If you wish to estimate a population mean with a sampling distribution error SE=0.32nusing a 95% confidence interval and you know from prior sampling that o2 is approximately equal to 8.3, how many observations would have to be included in your sample?
a. The number of observations that would have to be included in your sample is (round up the nearest observation)

8) Question 8 (Q11)- Suppose N=5,000,n=1,000, and s=50
a. Compute the standard error of x̄ using the finite population correction factor
b. Repeat part assuming n=2,000.
c. Repeat part a assuming n=5,000
d. Compare parts a, b, c , and describe what happens to the standard error of x as n is increased.

9) Question 9 (Q12) – Suppose you want to estimate a population proportion, p, and ̂p=0.31, N=6100, and n=1700. Find an approximate 95% confidence interval for p.
a. An approximate 95% confidence interval for p is + .

10) Question 10 (Q13)- A random sample of size n= 20 was drawn from a population of size N= 220. The measurements shown in the table below were obtained.

40 28 43 22
33 27 47 21
55 40 27 35
18 39 39 36
48 49 53 53

a. Estimate µ with an approximate 95% confidence interval. (round the three decimal places as needed).
b. Estimate p, the proportion of measurements in the population that are greater than 30, with an approximate 95% confidence interval.

11) Question 11( Q14)- The random sample shown below was selected from a normal distribution. 8,8,4,7,7,2
a. Construct a 99% confidence interval for the population mean µ. ( , ) ( round to two decimal places as needed).
b. Assume that sample mean x̄ and sample standard deviation s remain exactly the same as those you just calculated but that are based on a sample of n=25 observations. Repeat part a. what is the effect of increasing the sample size on the width of the confidence intervals.

12) Question 12 (Q15)- in order to evaluate the reasonableness of firm’s stated total value of its parts inventory, as auditor randomly samples 50 of the total 300 parts in stock, process each part, and reports the results shown in the table. Use this information to answer the following question
Part price $52 $90 $12 $57 $98 $85 $70 $99
Sample Size 7 3 10 3 7 6 7 7

a. Give a point estimate of the mean of the value of the parts inventory. $ (round to the nearest cent as needed).
b. Find the estimate standard error of the point estimate of part a.
c. Find the limit

Optional Information:
Level/Year: 16

I am not sure enough of my answers. I will opt out for someone better confident.
Expert:  Trigeoscal replied 2 years ago.
a. P(x̄ ≥28 )

answer: 0.8077

b. P(22.1≤ x̄ ≤ 26.8)

answer: 0.0818

c. P(x̄≤ 28.2)

answer: 0.2169

d. P(x̄≥ 27.0)

answer: 0.9039

E. find P (x̄ > 72,500) =

Answer 0.9881

Answer: 24.91 < µ < 25.89

Answer: 24.99 < µ < 25.81

Answer: 24.75 < µ < 26.05

Answer: 32.76 < µ < 34.04

Answer: 33.08 < µ < 33.72

c. Find the widths of the confidence intervals found in parts a and b.

Answer:

width for a is 0.6370

width for b is 0.3185

What is the effect on the width of a confidence interval of quadrupling the sample size while holding the confidence coefficient fixed?

Answer:

the width is reduced by half

( , ).

Answer:

(0.06, 0.10)

This means that there is 90% chance that the true proportions of people saying that some coffee shops are overprices is within the interval (0.06, 0.10) or to be exact up to 6 decimals: within the interval (0.060044, 0.099956)

answer: point estimate or sample proportion = 18/40 or 0.45

answer:

(0.4991, 0.7509)

Answer: 311 (note: clarification is o2 variance?)

answer: 1.414355

b. Repeat part assuming n=2,000

answer: 0.866112

c. Repeat part a assuming n=5,000

answer: zero

answer: a is greater than b and is greater than c

as n increases, the value of the standard error decreases

answer: (0.2913, 0.3287)

40 28 43 22
33 27 47 21
55 40 27 35
18 39 39 36
48 49 53 53

answer: (32.625, 42.675)

answer: (0.508, 0.892)

answer: (1.97, 10.03)

answer: (4.63, 7.37)

Increasing the sample size decreases the width of the interval

Sample Size 7 3 10 3 7 6 7 7

answer: $66.08

answer:
$4.113089756 or approx $4.11

c. Find the limit

ANSWER:
($58.02, $74.14)

Please Leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK to Credit me. BONUS is welcome.Thanks.

If you need my help asap, just write in the first part of your question: "For Mr Glenn G. only!" Thanks again

Thanks again. Don't forget to accept my answers if you are satisfied only, so that I will be compensated in helping you, thanks again!

If you still have any more questions don't hesitate to ask me