Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience:  I have a Master's degree in Engineering and a very wide teaching experience of more than 25 years at various levels.
13269833

1. Horse race time is found to be normally distributed with

1. Horse race time is found to be normally distributed with a mean value of 18 minutes and a standard deviation of 4 minutes. Horses whose race time is in the top 6% will not be eligible to participate in a second round. What is the lowers race time that makes a horse losses his eligibility to participate in a second round

Welcome and Thanks for using Just Answer.

The z- score such that 6% of the area under the normal curve lies above it is

z = 1.5548

μ = 18 and σ = 4

x = μ + z * σ

x = 18 + 1.5548 * 4 = 24.22

The lowest race time that makes a horse loss his eligibility to participate in a

second round is 24.22 minutes

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any clarifications on my answers. I will be happy to provide them. Else, please give a rating for my answer.

Thanks.

Hi

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answers help? If so, please give a rating (I have answered two postings for you).

Let me know,
Chirag
Hi

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? IF YES, PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.

Thanks,
Chirag