Sandhya_sharma
Sandhya_sharma, Master's Degree
Experience:  I hold M.Sc and M.Phil degrees in math and have several years of teaching experience.
14910578

1. Find the mean for the given sample data. Unless indicated

Customer Question

1. Find the mean for the given sample data. Unless indicated otherwise, round your answer to one more decimal place than is present in the original data values.
The students in Hugh Logan's math class took the Scholastic Aptitude Test. Their math scores are shown below. Find the mean score.
536 608 344 340 596
357 343 566 470 482
(Points : 4)
464.2
476.0
473.7
455.1

2. Find the midrange for the given sample data.
Listed below are the amounts of time (in months) that the employees of an electronics company have been working at the company. Find the midrange.
12 21 26 37 46 53 61 66 75 76 85 91 132 155
(Points : 4)
63.5 months
71.5 months
66.9 months
83.5 months

3. Find the standard deviation for the given sample data. Round your answer to one more decimal place than is present in the original data.
20.0 21.5 27.4 47.3 13.1 11.1
(Points : 4)
4145.12
37.34
13.11
3285.46

4. Find the indicated probability.
A bag contains 5 red marbles, 3 blue marbles, and 1 green marble. Find P(not blue). (Points : 4)
1/3
3/2
6
2/3

5. Find the indicated probability. Round to the nearest thousandth.
In a blood testing procedure, blood samples from 6 people are combined into one mixture. The mixture will only test negative if all the individual samples are negative. If the probability that an individual sample tests positive is 0.11, what is the probability that the mixture will test positive? (Points : 4)
0.00000177
1.000
0.503
0.497

6. Evaluate the expression.
11C4
(Points : 4)
330
1980
5040
3

7. Provide an appropriate response.
Suppose you pay $3.00 to roll a fair die with the understanding that you will get back $5.00 for rolling a 1 or a 6, nothing otherwise.
What is your expected value? (Points : 4)
-$3.00
$3.00
-$1.33
$5.00

8. Assume that a researcher randomly selects 14 newborn babies and counts the number of girls selected, x. The probabilities corresponding to the 14 possible values of x are summarized in the given table. Answer the question using the table.

Find the probability of selecting 2 or more girls. (Points : 4)
0.999
0.006
0.001
0.994

9. Determine whether the given procedure results in a binomial distribution. If not, state the reason why.
Choosing 10 marbles from a box of 40 marbles (20 purple, 12 red, and 8 green) one at a time with replacement, keeping track of the number of red marbles chosen. (Points : 4)
Not binomial: there are more than two outcomes for each trial.
Procedure results in a binomial distribution.
Not binomial: the trials are not independent.
Not binomial: there are too many trials.

10. Assume that a procedure yields a binomial distribution with a trial repeated n times. Use the binomial probability formula to find the probability of x successes given the probability p of success on a single trial. Round to three decimal places.
n = 4, x = 3, p = 1/6 (Points : 4)
0.015
0.023
0.012
0.004

11. Use the Poisson model to approximate the probability. Round your answer to four decimal places.
The probability that a call received by a certain switchboard will be a wrong number is XXXXX Use the Poisson distribution to approximate the probability that among 140 calls received by the switchboard, there are no wrong numbers. (Points : 4)
0.0608
0.1703
0.9392
0.8297
0.0669

12. Given the linear correlation coefficient r and the sample size n, determine the critical values of r and use your finding to state whether or not the given r represents a significant linear correlation. Use a significance level of 0.05.
r = 0.843, n = 5 (Points : 4)
Critical values: r = ±0.878, significant linear correlation
Critical values: r = ±0.950, no significant linear correlation
Critical values: r = 0.950, significant linear correlation
Critical values: r = ±0.878, no significant linear correlation
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Sandhya_sharma replied 2 years ago.
Answer 1: 464.2

Answer 2: 83.5 months

Answer 3: 13.11

Answer 4: 2/3

Answer 5: 0.503

Answer 6: 330

Answer 7: -$1.33

Answer 8: table not given

Answer 9: Procedure results in a binomial distribution.

Answer 10: 0.015

Answer 11: 0.0608

Answer 12: Critical values: r = ±0.878, no significant linear correlation

Please don't forget to click ACCEPT. BONUS is always appreciated.
Sandhya_sharma, Master's Degree
Experience: I hold M.Sc and M.Phil degrees in math and have several years of teaching experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have 13 questions more

Please post here..I will be happy to assist you..

Thanks