R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Math Expert

Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion with SPSSThe

Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion with SPSS

The statistics for this week become the basis for several other tests you may do. These are the foundational concepts of statistics.

To prepare for this Application:

• Review Chapter 15 and Appendix E in the course text Research Methods in the Social Sciences

• Review the video programs for this week, located in the Learning Resources.

• Review Lessons 19 and 21 in the course text Using SPSS for Windows and Macintosh: Analyzing and Understanding Data. 

• Select one of the data sets from the GSS data disk to use for this Application.

• Select one variable that is measured as a continuous variable (age, Likert scale item, etc.) and one that is measured on a nominal scale (marital status, ethnicity, etc.).

The assignment:

• State the statistical assumptions of this test.

• Using the data set and variables you have selected, use SPSS to calculate the following:

• Mean

• Median

• Mode

• Range

• Minimum

• Maximum

• Standard deviation

• Generate syntax and output files in SPSS. You will need to copy and paste these into your Application document.

• Use one kind of chart (any kind) to describe the data

• Based on your SPSS analysis, craft a 2- to 3-page report of the results using correct APA format. Your report should include:

• SPSS syntax and output files

• 1 chart

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It requires SPSS software GradPack 20.0 to solve this problem. Do you have it? If so I can attach the file needed to resolve the problem.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding.

I could help with the SPSS analysis. Please attach your dataset.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not see that this site allows attachments. Please provide email address to send dataset file if this will not violate site rules. You can also suggest other means of sending the file.

You may upload the dataset at and post download link here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, one moment please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here is the link:
Got it. I'd post your answer in an hour or so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Can you also report on the results as required in the question?

I do have three other questions once this is complete.
Alright. I'll pen down something about the statistics. You may thereafter add to it and re-format as per your need.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I will go ahead and start another question addressed specifically to you.
Please download the zip file below. It has a doc file and spss syntax and output files.

gss7500 descriptive

Please click Accept

Bonus is appreciated.
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Math Expert
Received your new question. I'd do the analysis and write down the interpretation of the t-test and attach the relevant files. You may then re-format or re-word it to meet the paper requirements.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will send two more questions later in the aweek on Wednesday. Will you be available?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm leaving my desk and won't be back for another 3 hours. Any questions before I leave? Please do not hurry the answer, I will review and accept when I return. Thanks.
No more questions. I'd almost done with the t-test, would attach answer in 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here's a part of the third question. Would you recommend using the same dataset file or a different one? I will post post question normally.

Craft a 5- to 7-page paper in which you do the following:

State the statistical assumptions of this test.

Given a data set, select an independent variable with two or more levels and a dependent variable.

Develop the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis for main effects.

Using SPSS, calculate an ANOVA. Include a post hoc test.

Report on the p value and the confidence interval.

Interpret the confidence interval.

Decide whether to reject or retain the null hypothesis based on main effects and/or post-hoc statistical tests.

Generate syntax and output files in SPSS. You will need to copy and paste these into your Application document.

Based on your SPSS analysis, report the results using correct APA format. Include results for post hoc tests where appropriate. Your report should include the following:

SPSS syntax and output files
ANOVA table
Same dataset would do just fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How are we coming up with the answer?
I answered it. Please review and let me know.