Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Have a 1997 Seville STS Ignition cut off switch(believe, may

Customer Question

Have a 1997 Seville STS Ignition cut off switch(believe, may not be correct terminology) key, ignition cut off engaged. Tried, reset sequence(10min on, then repeat X3 then it did not reset} tried disconnect battery} tried door locks} ALL NO JOY!!! Any Ideas Please contact. In need of my vehicle. Please will STRANG
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Marvin the Mechanic replied 11 days ago.

So the vehicle does not start at times?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have a 7 day trial + already paid once for this issue. Tried all above solutions, No Joy!!! Don't care to incurred another $26.00 fee, Understand,thanks for the contact, really need a call @(###) ###-####So car does not start at all,can'see screen using sdamn computer. Going to vehicle. To give correct coxes
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Battery died, computer won't run
Starting disabled/due to theift system
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Exp#33
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Starting disabld due to theift system
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's allies
Please respond
Expert:  eric remington replied 10 days ago.

t​hese can be complicated time consuming problems...that is why when you go to a shop you pay big money. so if someone asks for a phone call...it should be understood that from a time perspective and to communicate properly and thoroughly a phone call usually works best in these scenarios...but that is still your decision I will try to not incur any more charges but I may say at this point a phone call may be best...my first question to you is do you have a scanner that can access the body control module and antitheft system? also I may have you do testing...since I am not there to do it..or you can have someone perform it for you...bear in mind a no start situation that you have would cost a bear minimum of a hundred dollars to just find the issue....so would you like to proceed...I can opt out and someone else can try and help ...what would you like to do? I will need the mileage and the vehicle id number

I​ need to claify...at a shop a no start scenario would cost a minimum of a hundred dollars...

just to find problem and it could be more just for the diagnosis...this is due to it being an electronic issue