Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Sometimes the AC comes through only the defrost and floor

Customer Question

Sometimes the AC comes through only the defrost and floor vents only. and other times it comes through the normal vents.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Yes, it blows cold, and a clicking sound comes on and as I said sometimes it blows through the vents cold, othertimes only the defrosat and the floor, but always cold air
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2001 Cadalac Deville
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tries nothing, will need to take to a dealer or a good mechanic whom knows about Cadalac issues like this one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault of the mode actuator failing.I have seen mode actuator failure in the past before that causes this exact issue here with it needing replaced.I would have the actuator tested as I suspect it does need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete