Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My heat is blowing could air in the rear, yes and no i think

Customer Question

my heat is blowing could air in the rear
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: yes and no i think its a control problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005 escalade
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to some tould me it might be the vent control
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the front operate normal on heat and cold air?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,what fails and causes this issue here in most all cases I have dealt with is the temp actuator for the rear heat controls.This is located in the passenger rear of the vehicle behind the passenger rear trim paneling near the rear blower fan motor.It is #1 in the diagram below.In some cases it is the control unit itself at fault which is #3 in the diagram below.I have had to replace both.If you have not had the fault codes checked with a scan tool that can read all computers in your model this needs done as there will be a code set in the heater/ac front controller for this issue that will help point to which needs replaced here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjbd1yznku853k8/at-01-09.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete