Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

The navigation system says it's nother a navigation disc? Is

Customer Question

The navigation system says it's nother a navigation disc? Is there a firmware disc needed prior to installing the navigation disc?
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2009 DTS
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just installed a new disc into the navigation?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried another disc from another vehicle and it says the same thing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Says it's not a navi disc
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would check with a dealer to see if they have any updated software for this issue here.In allot of cases all that is needed is a software install to correct this.If there is no software update they can do then this would be the navigation drive unit itself at fault needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete