KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 2005 Cadillac escalade ext and it won't start.

Customer Question

i have a 2005 Cadillac escalade ext and it won't start. brand new battery and it only clicks
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: the starter solenoid clicks but that is it. Just happened. Has been running fine
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THis has never happened before. Has always been reliable and never had an issue. I drove it earlier today and it was fine. We changed the blower for the AC and when I went to start it to check it out it would not start
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a wooden handled broom you can use to tap on the start as some one is trying to start the engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you know anything about the AC Blower
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 month ago.

YES But you posted the starter will only click. You may have a brush in the starter that is not making good contact with the armature and tapping it with a broom handle can loosen the brush up so it can make contact again.