Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

You I have a 2005 Deville DTS and it is having few issues

Customer Question

You
I have a 2005 Deville DTS and it is having few issues that I can't figure out. First, the blinkers, speedometer, tach, and cruise control all just quit working one day in the last week or so. But all of my fuses are good.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have anything after market installed on your model here it is possible this is causing the electrical fault if wired in incorrectly or if a component with the after market system has failed.I have seen this occur before.If there are no after market components installed at all let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, Pete. Thank you for your help. Hopefully you can help me get to the bottom of this problem. I have owned the car for about a year and a half. It has been a great car with few issues. All of the issues I have had are as follows: An ignition coil failed so I replaced ignition coils. The back-up warning system quit working and I have not been able to figure out why. The power sunroof quit working and I haven't figured that one out either. Both of these issues happened about nine months ago The heat only works after driving the car for quite a long time and it seems to not be related to engine temp i.e. the engine is warm, or even hot, long before the heat will begin to work. I am going to replace the thermostat to address that problem. Then, finally, one day several weeks ago, the speedometer, the tach, my cruise control and blinkers all quit working. That first time was temporary. They came back on while still driving. This happened once or twice more before they went out permanently. The car is all original with nothing aftermarket, at all. I hope this information is helpful
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set with this issue here using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been looking everywhere for my obd code reader. I am pretty sure I lent it out. At any rate, I cant find it. I am going to autozone now. I will get back to you as soon as I get the results.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Sounds good.If I do not reply right away I will as soon as I can.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had two codes: one I knew about P0455. I believe that is a bad fuel filter. I had another one too P0719. Something about a torque converter switch. Hope that helps. I don't see it, if it does. I also read somewhere this particular problem could have something to do with the ignition relay. What do you think?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

These codes here wont cause the issues your seeing.Is there any way you can get the codes read out using a scan tool that can plug in and read all computers in your model.In some cases this takes a more complex scan tool to read all computers.If this is not an option let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had a guy at advance auto use their code reader to get these codes. Where can I find a more complex scan tool, do you think? And what would you suggest if this is not an option?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This type of scan tool is usually found by a dealer or repair shop as this is a higher end scan tool.If you can get these checked let me know.

Thanks Pete