sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have 2012 cts coup and the the drivers seat is stuck all the

Customer Question

Have 2012 cts coup and the the drivers seat is stuck all the way forward. All other seat functions work fine.
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. I'm research if it's a common issue with a relatively easy fix.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How does this service work? What is the cost?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be a few things and it will require some testing to determine what is wrong. The problem may be the motor itself or a mechanical failure of the adjuster or tracks, or it could be a lack of power or ground to the motor due to a switch, wiring or module issue. The first thing that needs to be done is use a test light to check for power and ground at the motor. If ok then the seat will need to be be removed and disassembled, and odds are the actuator/motor assembly will need to be replaced.

If there is no power or ground at the motor then deeper electrical testing will need to be done.