sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have this same problem in cold temperatures and only the

Customer Question

Don...i have this same problem in cold temperatures and only the drivers door...it wont even open when i dont lock the doors help me
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the shop didn't find a problem with it then they couldn't duplicate the issue, most likely it wasn't cold enough if this only happens in cold temperatures. Most shops wouldn't want to attempt a repair unless they can duplicate and diagnose the problem, however in this case there is very little chance that the problem is not a failed door latch. It either has to be the latch or a linkage issue. The linkage from the inside and outside handles can be checked for binding and damage, but the latch is almost surely going to need to be replaced. One thing you can do in the mean time or to see if it helps is spray some light penetrating oil directly into the latch and see if that helps at all.