Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I am the original owner of a 2002 Escalade. Today, suddenly,

Customer Question

I am the original owner of a 2002 Escalade. Today, suddenly, I find I have absolutely no electrical power. Zero! Battery checked out as very good. This happened 2 months ago and without any fix the electrical power came back on its own and has worked fine ever since until today. Could this be a faulty security system? How can I fix this problem? I found "How do I reset alarm systeem on my excalade" but it said a master vehicle key is needed. Does this mean I have to go to the Cad dealer?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No, like I said the battery checked out as very good.
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please read my orig message.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

If you have lost all electrical power this is not a alarm issue. I would start with removing the battery cables from the battery and checking the connection to the both of them. Its common for them to look okay yet be corroded.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
AAA truck came and cleared my battery as the problem. They want to tow my Escalade to the dealer...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need to reset my security system?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Before you let them do that , remove the cables from the battery and inspect the bolts that hold them on the battery to be sure there is no corrosion. The security system will not allow the engine to start but if it was active it will not cause any loss of complete power.