Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Need someone who has replaced rear shocks on 2010 Cadilllac

Customer Question

need someone who has replaced rear shocks on 2010 Cadilllac SRX with Electronic Suspension
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
shock is not coming out - seems like a metal bushing is right up against it - protrudes from linkage and bolt goes through it, then shock, and into threaded hole...the fit is crazy tight and several bumps with hammer not freeing the shock - what am I doing wrong, and need someone who has actually done this, else don;t waste my $ or time.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, can I replace the shock with a standard non-electronic shock, and just not connect it to the eletronic contorl system - would this cause a major error, or do I need to replace with the $450 AC delco version only (what a ripoff american cars are !!!)
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, I am not there to see how you have the vehicle supported or what you have removed so far.

To remove these, you want to support the lower control arm with a jack to take pressure off the rear strut. I remove the upper 2 nuts and disconnect the connectors to the strut. I then remove the lower bolt, spray the area with some PB Blast and then smack with a 3-4lb hammer to pop it free.

As to your other question, there is only one company that makes the conversion struts for your vehicle. It will come with resistors that you put in line as the directions will note. This will keep the Electronic Suspension warning light from coming on. Here is a link to them

http://www.suncoreindustries.com/p-569-electronic-active-suspension-to-passive-gas-shock-absorber-conversion-kit-front-rear-pairs-cadillac-srx.aspx

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

At this time, unless you have a related followup question on this at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.