Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

Heat on drivers side but pasenger side blows cold air, yes,

Customer Question

Heat on drivers side but pasenger side blows cold air
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2007 dets
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for holding.

When the air temp is only correct on one side of the dash, this is more commonly due to a faulty Air Temp Actuator. This is a little servo that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C. On this vehicle, the passenger's side actuator is mounted to the side of the housing, behind the dash (for an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/L636rE). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door by hand making sure there is no binding. If there are any problems here, the HVAC housing will need to be opened and the internal door repaired as needed. If this all checks ok, replace the actuator. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

..