Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I have a rear coolant leak ,just below the egr valve, Hoses

Customer Question

I have a rear coolant leak ,just below the egr valve
JA: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?
Customer: Hoses are fine, the leak is located on a metal tube going into a large 27mm nut which uses a plastic expansion bushing
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Deville 2000 base model
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am, removed the airbox, entirely and tryed using a crows foot 27mm wrench, but the wrench will only loosen a 1/4 of turn because the wrench is to wide to grab the nut again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The new part is called a s connector, part number is ***** from the cadillac dealer
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just trying to figure out how to replace the old part
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The easiest way of course
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 days ago.

A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Normally I/we take the pipe out of the coolant adapter and use a 27mm socket to get it out, then install the new one.