Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I bought a caddy eldorado but the key chip is what there

Customer Question

i bought a caddy eldorado but the key chip is what there telling me why it won't start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes we changed the starter and we got it to crank
JA: What year is your Eldorado?
Customer: 92
JA: Are you fixing your Eldorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its a project got new battery added gas starter but its telling me auto theft so thats why my mechanic said reprogram the key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was siting 5 years
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 12 days ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That sounds like a problem with the Passkey2 security system. There are 15 different value resistors that are used in the keys.

..

Possibly the passlock2 sensor in the lock cylinder for the ignition is the problem. But it could, of course be something else in the system.

.

The only way to know is to check it with the Interrogator tool. Most lock smiths have one. When we get that problem in the field, and not having the tool we get a lock smith to come and check it, for about $85.

..

That is less than the dealership and that way there is no tow charge.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.