FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2017 Cadillac XT5, 1600mi. on it. It braked suddenly from

Customer Question

2017 Cadillac XT5, 1600mi. on it. It braked suddenly from 45mph, check engine light and 5 other warning lights came on. It was on the way home from dealer shop, where it had been for the same problem for twelve days. I took it back. Any ideas?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: All stay on.
JA: What year is your XT5?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your XT5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm deciding whether to return it to GM or not, as the dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix it. It is NOT safe to drive.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like the stability control system is kicking in for no reason. This is either due to a failure in one of the sensors or in the control module itself. You need to take the vehicle back to the dealer and also contact GM's national customer service about this as an engineer will need to get involved.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I observed that the five alarm lights that came on did not seem to be with related systems (Traction Control, Steering Assist, etc.). Is there some kind of serial bus that could cause this?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 days ago.

Definitely. If there is a communication error then this can occur also. Which lights are coming on?