sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My battery ranned down because my electric seat was

Customer Question

My battery ranned down because my electric seat was running(switch hung up)
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: When I tried to jump start the disable starter theft protection light came on. When I tried to start the car everything went dead.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005 STS\
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I gave tried to reset the fob by doing a 30 minute procedure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My battery should be good .It is only 24 mos old
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

When battery power is restored then the alarm needs to be disarmed. After connecting jumper cables or reconnecting the battery you'd just need to press the unlock button on the key fob.

If the battery is that dead then jumper cables may not help, it's dependent on the quality of the jumper cables and the condition of the battery. The vehicle doing dead when you tried to start it is indicative of very low or no battery voltage available to the vehicle. What you'll want to do is have the battery charged and load tested, once it's charged well enough and the unlock button on the fob is pressed then the engine should start.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
your answers are wrong I put in a new battery had to be displaced. It was under warranty.I was not charged
I DID NOT KNOW YOU WERE CHARGING ME. I thought & was being charged $5.00 & if I wanted the service I had the choice to pay the additional. I want a $20. refund