sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2007 escalade back up camera is not functioning, came

Customer Question

my 2007 escalade back up camera is not functioning
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: came with the vehicle, but the previous owner has installed an aftermarket device that connects to the radio unit
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am troubleshooting this myself. I have played with it over the last year trying different things when I have the time. I tried removing the aftermarket device, no luck, I have watched many youtube videos, and now am trying to just test to see if there is power going to the unit. Just trying to figure out where to test that is easiest to access
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: From what I understand there is a module under the passenger seat. no this is mainly it
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that can prevent the camera from working and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. The problem may be the camera itself, wiring, the module, the display if it has a separate display, or the problem may be with the vehicle itself.

Do the reverse lamps work?