Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Loaded the onstar app on phone. Worked fine at first. Now

Customer Question

Loaded the onstar app on phone. Worked fine at first. Now phone will not start car and the only way fobs work is to get in and start car then cut off. Fobs work then. Removed app from phone. Fobs still do not work if car is just sitting for a couple of hours until I get in and start like previously stated
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Both fobs work fine batteries are good. Didn't start happening until I downloaded the worthless onstar app
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2013 ats premium with 3.6
JA: Are you fixing your ATS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Really haven't tried anything right now. Just know they were both working fine before downloading the app and using. Been an issue ever since
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The app may have caused a conflict with software in one or more control units/ecu's in your vehicle here causing this fault.I have seen software become corrupted in the past before and had to reprogram computers.This has to be checked and done by a dealer unfortunately as they are usually the only ones with access to programming.I would also have the fault codes checked in all computers with a fully compatible scan tool to see if any codes are set related to this fault as this may help diagnose the fault as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete