Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2008 Cadillac CTS electronic Trunk latch stopped working

Customer Question

Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you...Have you checked any of the fuses?

And what do you mean exactly by stopped working..will it not open at all unless you use the key?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, Joshua. So, it's an electronic trunk release... opens by either hitting the button in the driver's door, squeezing the release button under the trunk release lip (above the license plate), or holding the trunk release button on the key fob. Several days ago, I released the trunk to put something in (worked), closed the trunk (normally)... when I next tried to release the trunk with the release squeeze on the trunk, nothing happened. Had to open with the manual release in the trunk itself (folded back seat down). That releases fine. When I try any of the 3 electronic release methods, I hear the relay click in the left rear quarterpanel (behind the fuse block above the battery) but nothing else. There is a fuse in that block referring to the trunk, (15A), which I checked as good. Bought a new latch actuator assembly (mounts to trunk lid) and just installed but no change.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thought for sure that the actuator was bad and this would do the trick. Now, not sure what else to check.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How are we doing, Josh? Are you still with me?