Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2006 caddy CTS and the DIC is blank. where are the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 caddy CTS and the DIC is blank. where are the fuses located? What else can cause the Problem? (of course the Radio doesn't work).
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-let me look up the circuit for it be right back with you

2- can you still start it ?

Chad

1- in the underhood fuse box , there is 2 fuses one a 15 amp , labeled tcm/ipc fuse & also a 10 amp ecm/tcm fuse that powers up the ip cluster .

so these 2 needs checked .

i also sent you the circuit diagram & fuse box location and fuse list, there is also a ignition relay before the 15 amp fuse we need to check too.

we have to start here & go from there .

do yu acess to a diagnostic scanner that can read antitheft module ,with gm specific software

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chad. The problem has nothing to do with the starting or running of the car. The Driver information Center (DIC) is not working. It is blank!! Dark. I know there is an Amplifier in the trunk that ties into the radio. This could be the problem but I hope it could be as simple as a fuse

i see , i m sorry , i dont have the (DIC) circuit diagram for some reason it want open up the picture for me .

I will opt out of the question for another expert and they will further assist you on it .

the amp fuse is in the trunk box and the fuses for it should be in the trunk and the fuse dic in the driver side box, but i can not confirm i m going on memory

good luck with it .

just dont reply back to me so it want lock the question back to me and another expert will pick it up

Thanks

Chad