Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  20 years of experience on both import and domestic vehicles
17920890

2002 escalade cluster goes on and off intermittently.

Customer Question

2002 escalade cluster goes on and off intermittently. replaced cluster ,,,,still does it....happens both while driving and when sitting in park
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the cluster
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No codes showing when checked at Autozone..... fuses seem ok....
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 13 days ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the codes it will set will be in the body control module. AutoZone won't be able to check for them. They only check the pcm. Is there anyone you know who has a more professional scanner? I could give you some possible causes but without the codes it will be a lot of guessing. Even with the codes tho I will have some tests for you to determine the exact problem. It's likely the BCM or CAN lines. But could possibly be a ground or ignition switch. Let me know if you can get the codes.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
would you advise without an advanced scanner I take the car to a dealership?
Most likely. Yes. With out the codes we would be guessing.
However That being said, if your wanting a challenge :-), if you get the codes I can direct you thru some diagnostics. But there are a few tests we need an advanced scanner for. :-/ so up to you.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 9 days ago.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 days ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny