david carrier
david carrier,
Experience:  lead technician at firestone
96761930

My mom haS a 95 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham I bought for her

Customer Question

My mom haS a 95 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham I bought for her several years ago. At times it wont start unless you wait till passcode fail light goes off 2 to 3 times and maybe not then. The mechanic said it was the security module and bypassed with a resistor and reprogrammed. It would start and when you shut it off and pulled the key it would not start again until you reprogrammed. I live about 10 hrs away and was visiting and it started for me 5 times in a row. She said it was because she had the charger on it the day before but that makes no sense. We had the battery and alternator checked and it was fine. She is 85 years old and needs something to drive. Its a good car otherwise with 102000 miles. Can you help Thanks, Ray
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  david carrier replied 4 months ago.

Hi ray this is dave from just answer. I'm here to help if you still need assistance.