Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

On my 97 catera, i have no heat on the passenger side. i

Customer Question

on my 97 catera, i have no heat on the passenger side. i have the dash apart and can see/feel the temp door moving when i turn the temp knob for the drivers side and position actuator moving when i go from floor to vent etc. But the passenger side stays cold and always blows out of the floor vent no matter where the selector is
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 19 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'll be available after 4:30 EST.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Are you able to manually move the actuator doors for the passenger side?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can only see the actuator for the drivers side control. The only temp door I see is below the fan and it only moves when I turn the dial on the drivers side.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Where are the passenger side ones located?

The way you access the drivers side temperature actuator is just the same for accessing the passenger side, it is just on the passenger side instead of the drivers side.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have the passenger side airbag cover off, the glove box removed, the vent by the passenger door removed. I believe all actuators on are the passenger side of the car. The temp control door is under the fan on the passenger side. It moves when the drivers side knob is turned to different temperatures. Your answer may be for a different make?