Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Just want to see a picture of what the brake pad for a 2006

Customer Question

Just want to see a picture of what the brake pad for a 2006 Cadillac SRX looks like. I am working with a new repair shop. I asked for the old parts to be saved so I can actually see that they needed replacing. I want to be sure that what they show me is, in fact, the old brake pads, and not just some brake pads they have laying around their shop. I have had 3 ugly shop experiences in a row and am rock bottom on trust. Thank you.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac SRX. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I am told I have a power steering fluid leak on same vehicle. I have no leakage, spotting in my driveway. There doesn't seem to be any gauges in the vehicle fluid reporting system that measure this particular fluid. Do I just wash down the motor with soapy water, let it dry, and see if any more fluid appears in the area pointed out to me?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Are you having the front or rear brakes done?