Craig Manning
Craig Manning,
Experience:  High Level- Senior Technician at Firestone Complete Auto Care
97029787

How do I get my car out of security lock?! It's a 07

Customer Question

How do I get my car out of security lock?! It's a 07 Cadillac DTS. My friend put a scan tool on it. Shut the car off and now it won't start! There is a orange light under the PRND123 and now it's off! So I'm thinking my car won't Start because it's not reading it's in park.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 14 days ago.

Have you tried starting the vehicle with the gear selector in neutral?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have tried
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think we my friend shut my car off and on with scan tool hooked up. It must have triggered a security lock of some sort. All lights stereo come on. Just won't crank over or make any sound at all!
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 13 days ago.

You can try unhooking battery for about 30 minutes to see if security will reset.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Tried that too! I know it's in security lock I just need to know if I can do it my self get it out out of s.lock ? Maybe hook back up the scan tool and clear the codes or reset. ? Or fix it myself if possible!

If you still have access to the scan tool (w/ factory options) you could reset the TDM and that would bring it out of security lockout. There is one other possible way also, if you want to accept the call I can walk you through it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok well I'll try to reset the tdm. If that don't work for me I'll be giving you a call tomorrow morning and thank you sir
No problem at all! Just let me know
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. I got some codes that came up! 1.B1000 ECU malfunction. 2.B1370 passenger pretensioner deployment loop short to battery . 3. u0140 lost communication with body control module. Can I fix these myself??
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 11 days ago.

That U0140 is usually a short inside the BCM which means it needs to be checked at the dealership and possibly replaced.

The only other thing you can try is to unhook battery overnight and see if it resets. Please remember to rate my service and accept the answer (its the only way I get compensated).

TSB Number: 08-07-30-021 NHTSA Number: 10025402 TSB Date: April 1, 2008 Date Added to File: August 6, 2008
Failing Component: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine
Summary: Loss of high speed gm lan communications, intermittent no crank, ipc gauge fluctuation, intermittent door lock cycling, transmission may not shift, DTCs U0073, U0100, U0101, U0102, U0140 (repair backed out terminal in transmission harness connections).

Expert:  Craig Manning replied 10 days ago.

Please rate or accept my service if it has helped you out.