Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac SRX Remotes Are Not Working.

Customer Question

2011 Cadillac SRX remotes are not working and I don't know how to open to replace the battery, There is no sign of any leakage.

What is the problem?

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If both remotes quit working at the same exact time most likely this isnt the batteries at fault here.This can be a fault with the remote receiver/control unit itself internally needing replaced as this can be a common fault here.When this is replaced it will need to be programmed by a GM dealer or authorized GM repair facility that has access to programming.If you can tell me if these both quit at the same time this will help.If you still need info on how to access the batteries let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete