Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

It dant show in the shift indicator when in parking or any

Customer Question

It dant show in the shift indicator when in parking or any other gear and it wont turn on or release the key
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: The car is a 2004 cadillac cts where can i find the brake switch
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yea am teying to fix it myself havent had a chamce to try much do am off work today so i wanted to give it a shot
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well just that the key is inside the ignition and it wont release it or turn on the car and i know its because the shift indicator is not show when in park. Because i teied it last night and it turned right on when it was showing it was in park and know that its not showing again the key got stuck and it wont start the car again
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the brake switch under brake pedal

2- check battery has 12 volts

try a master rest below see if it will clear

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 18 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat