Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Keys are locked in, no, I just closed the door and then as I

Customer Question

keys are locked in
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: no, I just closed the door and then as I walked away I heard a click car is always kept in the garage and I leave the keys in it
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2010 escalade luxury edition
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do all my own oil changes, but I just got this trucki a week ago, and I don't want to do anything to screw itup
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: do I have to join that OnStar thing? I won't put more that 1000 miles a year on this baby
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 22 days ago.

Yes onstar could unlock the truck. You could also call a mobile locksmith to get it open.

Expert:  Dan replied 22 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I don't have onstar. I thought Cadillac could unlock if I give the vin
Expert:  Dan replied 22 days ago.

Cadillac(###) ###-####call this number for roadside assistance. They should be able to tell you how to get it unlocked.