Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Trunk,fuel door,and doors will not open with remote nor will

Customer Question

Trunk,fuel door,and doors will not open with remote nor will it open using inside switches or buttons
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2000 cadillac deville base
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ....checked all fuses and they are good....when I use my remote to gain access it will only make thehead and tail lights flash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ....that is all
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 22 days ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Possible causes are faulty body control module, keyless entry control module or wiring issue. I will need the vin number to pull the schematics in order to narrow it down and give you testing directions

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Here is the Vin# *****
Expert:  Eric replied 22 days ago.

HI,

Ok, looking at the schematics, either a fault in the instrument panel control module or the rear integration module. As these work on serial data communication lines, it will take a scan tool with full function capability to determine which of the 2 is faulty and the culprit replaced and programmed with scan tool

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
What type of scan tool and how does it get
programmed
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Also....is it a part that can picked up at a junkyard or online?
Expert:  Eric replied 22 days ago.

HI,

It requires a Tech2 scan tool and current GM software.

You can usually find them at a junkyard or online - ebay is a decent source for finding affordable control modules

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
After purchasing the control module, can the programming be done by a neighborhood mechanic or do I have to take it to a dealer....and what would a ballpark figure be on the cost to program it?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Where can I get the module programmed at
Expert:  Eric replied 18 days ago.

you would need to call around to your local shops to see if they have a Tech2 scan tool. Some will invest in it and some dont. If none of the local independent shops have one, then you would need to go to a dealer. It is 1 hour labor for programming, so from $80 to $120 depending upon the shop's hourly labor rate

Expert:  Eric replied 17 days ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.