Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac SRX Clicking with Lights Flashing on Starting.

Customer Question

I just went out to start my car, and it started clicking and lights flashing and is still doing it...have never seen this
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It has been going on for about 5 minutes, never before happened, and it sounds like the clicking and the flashing lights are kind of in sync....doesn't really sound like its coming from under the hood, but could be I guess....sporadic clicking , but car won't start....no problems up to now with this car....its a 2015 I think
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Its an SRX either 2015 or 2016 -
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, nothing yet - I no nothing about cars - this is a lease car, and I've had it about 16 months
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I don't really know even what to ask - very weird....OK just went back out, and display says Battery Saver activated or something...is this typical for a battery problem?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 20 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 20 days ago.

I am sorry for the long wait did you still need help ?