Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Traction Disable Pops Up, Cadillac Idles and Shuts Down.

Customer Question

1994 Cadillac SLS 4.6 traction disable comes up in dash, then the car begins to idle high and shuts down. The car has completed 125,000 miles.
What is this happening?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If both of these issues are occurring at the same time here this can be a fault with low voltage due to a weak battery or loose or corroded battery cables needing cleaned and tightened in some cases.The traction warning should not shut down the engine like this here but low voltage or loose cable/connections can cause both of these issues here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete