Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Have 1998 Cadilliac El Dorado Sport model. Want to replace

Customer Question

Have 1998 Cadilliac El Dorado Sport model. Want to replace the dash board cover, but can't figure how to get the airvents out so I can remove the four screws that HOLD IT DOWN1 Can you help me?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just this year
JA: What is the model of your '98 Cadillac?
Customer: El Dorado Sport
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, fixing it myself. Have Chilton manual, but can't see how to take out the four screws behind the air vents, so I can get the dash cover off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emul3p1cyswhe76/i-11-04.gif?dl=0

IMPORTANT: Do not damage the air outlet deflector surface.

Use a thin-bladed tool (1) in order to remove the 4 air outlet deflectors from the front of the instrument panel. Release the tab on the inboard side of the deflectors between the deflector and deflector housing, while pulling the air outlet deflectors out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete