Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Ran out of gas, added 2 gallons of gas and will not start,

Customer Question

Ran out of gas, added 2 gallons of gas and will not start , what do I need to do?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No same usual, wife just ran it emoty
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2011 srx
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It ran out of gas, we are on the side of the road and just added gas to the tank and it will not start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You might need more gas in the tank to prime the pump, it may take a few attempts to start if there is air in the fuel line.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks