Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When starting out and speeding up from zero to X, the front

Customer Question

When starting out and speeding up from zero to X, the front end is growling. Once at a steady state, it stops.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes, no other problems from car at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2009 CTS AWD DI
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not at all, just trying to figure out what I can expect to spend going to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Once up to speed if you increase throttle to increase speed the noise comes back?

Possible causes so far are a engine or trans mount faulty, driveline support bearing or joint failing.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris,
The noise only comes in the lower gears. Once on the highway and at speed it does not seem to come back. But I definitely hear it from 1-4. If in stop and go from say 40 down, I also hear it. The car does not act funny in any way. There are no problems with steering, control, braking, turning, etc. No ID 10 T lights at all or warnings on the Info Panel. Been researching what causes this and am going to take it to the Caddy dealer. Just want to be prepared for a shock over possible price and what I should expect.

With the follow up, in addition to the things I mentioned prior. There is a possibility this is the transmission or the transfer case causing this.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris