Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Escalade Alarm Goes Off When Key Turned On.

Customer Question

2002 Cadillac Escalade alarm keeps going off when I turn my key to the on position. Im trying to reset my alarm. My keyless entry remote is lost.
I tried unhooking the battery for a min but when I hook it back up the alarm goes off again. Ive tried locking and unlocking the door with the key the alarm still goes off. Im trying to reset the alarm but when I put the key to the on position why is the alarm going off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Angel Martinez replied 1 month ago.
Hello My name is Angel,
Does your key pad to unlock the doors actually unlock or lock them when you press the buttons?

If not then you should check the battery in the Remote transmitter(Key Pad) you use a flat head screw driver and find the slit at the bottom of the Keypad, stick the flat head in and twist, and the Keypad will open. then you will see the battery inside. you can get one at your local auto parts store.