Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

LEAK UNDER PLASTIC OVERFLOW TANK ON MY 2006 DTS. REMOVED

Customer Question

LEAK UNDER PLASTIC OVERFLOW TANK ON MY 2006 DTS. REMOVED TANK BUT CANNOT DETACH HOSE CONNECTION ON BOTTOM SIDE OF TANK. I NEED TO FIND OUT IF ITS THE HOSE LEAKING OR THE TANK HAS A CRACK. HOW D0 YOU RELEASE THE ODD LOOKING HOSE CONNECTION?
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: LOCAL DRIVING. HOSES ARE 2006 OEM. I
JA: What is the model of your '06 Cadillac?
Customer: DTS. I NEED TO GET THE TANK OUT TO INSPECT THE BOTTOM. PROBLEM IS DISCONNECT THE LOWER HOSE CONNECTION.
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: HOW MANY TIMES MUST I RESTATE THE PROBLEM?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The hose on the bottom part of the surge tank has a 'quick' connect on it. There is a tool that releases it on the inside so that it will come off. Normally they come in a set with various sizes. Please see attached diagram, the flatter ones will fit it, thanks